Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friday Evenings Cooking Adventure

I decided after seeing so many recipes for roasted veggies and realizing that we had most of them in our refridge and veggie basket, I wanted to do something really simple for dinner. This is what I came up with:
Toasted Garlic Bread with Roasted Veggies and Feta
I roasted the veggies with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper drizzled with Olive Oil at 375*
Cut about 4" slices of a fresh baguette sliced horizontally that I bought at Au Bon Pain(dangerous because its at work,and is another whole story) put about 1 teaspoon of Minor's Aoli and toasted them.When the bread was done,I sprinkled a bit of feta and topped with the veggies :) Oh so wonderful for a very hot summer evening! DH Loved them which is even better!

digi credits: Happy Summer Book Tag
http://www.digital-crea.fr
http://elodigi.canalblog.com/

fonts:agency fb and arial narrow


The second part of dinner was to try out some Fried Zucchini. I had been a lunch with my 2 picky daughters and ordered these as an appetizer. I actually got both of them to try them and they loved them!
I found a recipe that bakes rather then fries and you definitely could not tell the difference! so.. here is part 2:

Oven Fried Zuchinni


I started with fresh zuc's from Allandale stash and from a co-workers garden. I used this recipe as the base.
Click here to see original.

Enjoy with your favorite Marinara or Red Sauce. I happen to have made some and it was perfect with these :)



my recipe variations:
1/4 cup Italian style Panko (Progresso) and
1/4 cup plain..
1/2 cup shredded fresh grated Parmesan(stop & shop)
a dash of cayenne pepper
drizzles of Olive Oil











No comments:

Post a Comment

hope you enjoy, thanks for peeking :)